Live updates

Neighbours 'in shock' over death of Gateshead woman in Tunisia

Neighbours of a holidaymaker from Gateshead who was killed in a terrorist attack on a beach in Tunisia have described their 'shock' at the news of her death.

Lisa Burbidge, in her 60s, from Whickham, was one of 15 British people killed in Friday's terror attack on a beach in Sousse.

One neighbour, Paul Taylor, 45, said:

"Lisa was a lovely lady, absolutely beautiful.

"It was awful for Lisa's daughters when her husband Bill died so this will be especially hard for them.

"The family are very close and this will be devastating for them all.

"We are in total shock."

– Paul Taylor, neighbour of Lisa Burbidge

North Yorkshire holidaymaker 'so lucky' to be alive

A woman who survived the beach attack in Sousse has told ITV Tyne Tees she feels 'so lucky' to be alive.

22 year old Ellie Makin is now back home near Ripon after flying back from Tunisia on Saturday. She had been holidaying with a friend.

Ellie says she is finding it difficult to take in the 'horrific' events of Friday's attack and sends her heartfelt condolences to those who have lost a loved one.

Ellie spoke to ITV News on Friday from Tunisia Credit: ITV News

Advertisement

Tunisia flights due in at Newcastle airport

A second flight is due to arrive at Newcastle Airport from Tunisia, bringing home hundreds of tourists caught up in the terror attack.

A Thomas Cook flight arrived at 2pm today (Sunday) from Enfidha, followed by a Thomson flight just after midnight.

It was estimated more than 20,000 British holidaymakers were in Tunisia on Friday when a gunman opened fire at a resort in Sousse.

MORE: TYNESIDE WOMAN AMONG VICTIMS OF TUNISIA ATTACK

  1. National

Theresa May: Around 40 terror plots foiled since 7/7

Around 40 terror plots have been foiled in the last 10 years in the UK, Home Secretary Theresa May has said.

Theresa May speaking to the BBC. Credit: BBC/The Andrew Marr Show

Mrs May confirmed that the Government was expecting more British fatalities after a deadly attack on a Tunisian beach resort left at least 15 Britons dead.

Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr Show about the threat facing the UK, the Home Secretary said: "Yes, a number of plots have been stopped.

"Over the last ten years it's estimated that something like 40 plots have been disrupted here in the UK."

She said the security services have had to cope with a more "diverse" threat from extremists since the London bombings in 2005, including the possibility of lone wolf attacks.

  1. National

Govt source describes difficulties identifying Tunisia dead

A Government source has told ITV News that it is difficult to identify the victims of the Tunisian beach massacre as many were only wearing swimwear.

At least 15 Britons are known to have died, with the death toll expected to rise further.

ITV News' Chris Ship reports:

Advertisement

Load more updates