A man is seriously ill in hospital at York District Hospital in an incident thought to be connected to the death of a 16-year-old girl from a suspected drugs overdose.
The police have issued a safety warning.
The yellow/white paste involved in this particular case is undergoing tests to determine exactly what it contains, although amphetamine is believed to be involved.
Until this is confirmed, people are strongly urged not to risk taking substances matching this description or of a similar nature.
One girl has already died and a young man is in a serious but stable condition at hospital, so the potential dangers are very real."
More top news
Henry Baines wrote to Dutch midfielder Marten De Roon, who then surprised the youngster by turning up at his home
Rafa Benitez complimented the performances of three Newcastle United youngsters who made their debuts against Birmingham City in the FA Cup.
Older people in Darlington, who are at risk of undernutrition, are being given a weekly hot meal to improve their health and wellbeing.