- Tyne Tees
Freedom of Information requests were sent to almost every council in the region. Some were unable to provide exact figures. The full breakdown of council tax arrears from North East councils who responded to our Freedom of Information requests is listed below:
- Durham County Council: £23,320,942
- Newcastle City Council: £15,673,796
- Darlington Borough Council: £4,179, 119
- Sunderland City Council: £9,500,000
- Gateshead Borough Council: £7,025,726
- Northumberland County Council: £12,994,114
More top news
A 70-year-old Northumberland gardener has broken the world record for owning the biggest leeks in the world.
A new study shows that there are more reports of paranormal activity in Yorkshire than anywhere else in the UK.
The region's business community contemplates the effect of tomorrow's independence vote on the North East economy