Freedom of Information requests were sent to almost every council in the region. Some were unable to provide exact figures. The full breakdown of council tax arrears from North East councils who responded to our Freedom of Information requests is listed below:
- Durham County Council: £23,320,942
- Newcastle City Council: £15,673,796
- Darlington Borough Council: £4,179, 119
- Sunderland City Council: £9,500,000
- Gateshead Borough Council: £7,025,726
- Northumberland County Council: £12,994,114
More top news
What weather will dominate this weekend?
The name was unveiled today by the Northern Powerhouse Minister Andrew Percy.
Harry was world rowing champion who drew thousands to the banks of the River Tyne in the 1850s.