Breaking News: Fire crews are battling a blaze near The Gate in Newcastle City Centre. Tyne and Wear fire service was called at 12.20 this lunchtime. Four appliances are currently fighting the blaze. We've had unconfirmed reports that the Co-Op fire is alight.
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
A North East photographer came into the studio earlier to talk about being shortlisted for a prestigious award.
A look ahead over the festive period.