A Northumbria University student has had a lucky escape after his parachute jump in County Durham went horribly wrong.
Liam Byrne's parachutes became entangled on his first ever jump, causing him to land in a tree in Shotton Colliery. The 18-year-old was stuck for around half-an-hour before being rescued by firefighters.
Video Credit: Durham & Darlington Fire & Rescue Service
More top news
A woman described as being 'allergic to life' has opened a craft centre in Hartlepool to help her cope with her rare condition.
An extreme sports show has rolled into Wearside. The Torque show features everything from monster trucks to motorbikes.
Severe weather has caused untold damage to the region on what was one of the hottest days of the decade.