India Redhead almost lost her sight last year when she was hit by a stray firework that ricocheted off a fence and hit her eye. She needed surgery to remove her iris. India, who is nine and from Morpeth, is the face of this year's campaign warning others to be careful on Bonfire Night.
More top news
Emergency services were called to an address on Wingrove Road, Newcastle, following a report of a fire at around 2:46am.
Stammering affects around 700,000 people in the UK
North east festivalgoers have been enjoying live music at Hardwick Hall this weekend, as part of popular music event Hardwick Live.