- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region
A family from Sunderland have been chosen to have their home replicated at Beamish Museum as part of a new '1950s Town' display.
Despite a significant rise in the number of historical sexual assaults being recorded, Durham Police's recorded crime has remained level.