- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
A teacher has been banned from the classroom for life after an affair with a 16-year-old girl who he told he wanted to run away with.
Durham County Council is warning people will be investigated and face prosecution if they are caught fly-tipping during Christmas.
Burglars broke into a newly married couple's home while they were on honeymoon and stole both wedding and Christmas presents.