- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
Callum Young, who will now be 23, was last seen on August 27 last year at his home in Hylton Road.
Gunner Paul Ferguson was on leave from the Army when he died in the early hours of Sunday August 21.
Dutch International Darryl Janmaat left for Watford, USA's DeAndre Yedlin arrived from Spurs and Tim Krul left for a season's loan at Ajax.