- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
Spennymoor FC were visiting Newton Aycliffe on Tuesday evening and refused to play the second half of the match.
Eric Thomson says within hours of the stem cell treatment he began to regain some control of his body.
The programme for looked-after children replaces traditional council-run care homes with hubs. Its been recommended in a national report.