- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
BTP officers are appealing for help to identify a man they want to speak to after a smoke bomb was thrown at a Metro station in Sunderland.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Tributes have been paid to a man who died after collapsing and falling into the river in Durham at the weekend.