- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
The RNLI is urging people only to swim in the sea when lifeguards are patrolling. It comes after the rescue of three teenagers
It was Stockton Town's big day at Wembley but despite a strong performance the team is coming home empty-handed.
Staying settled for the northeast over the next few days, but as winds turn easterly coastal low cloud could linger. Very warm inland