- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
Officers from Police Scotland and Northumbria Police are appealing for the public's help in finding 31-year-old Brian Cook.
Police have released a CCTV image of a woman they want to speak to, after a woman was hit with a bottle in a Newcastle bar.
Jet2.com will host roadshows across the UK, including Newcastle, to fill over 1,700 Pilot, Cabin Crew and Ground Operations roles.