- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
Everton prove too strong for Middlesbrough, who leave the League Cup at the quarter finals.
Read Rob Nichols' thoughts ahead of Middlesbrough's game against Everton
Five men have been jailed for ram-raiding a cash machine from inside a shop in Ryedale, North Yorkshire.