- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
Relegation issues could be settled for a host of North East clubs at the weekend - with Hartlepool in danger of going out of the league
Former Tyne Tees news presenter Mike Neville is among four new people to be honoured on NewcastleGateshead’s “Walk of Fame”.
Cleveland Fire Brigade is urging householders to take extra care following a rise in fires which have started outside and spread to homes.