- 10,000 people to be lifted out of income tax and 961,000 to pay less income tax as a result of Personal Allowance reforms.
- Cancelling the planned rise in fuel duty in January
- £64 million upgrade on the A1 at Lobley Hill, Gateshead.
- £61 million to build over 3,300 new homes for affordable rent.
- Business support measures will benefit 130,000 small and medium enterprises in the North East.
- £17 million to return over 1500 empty homes to use in the North East and Yorkshire.
- Government will provide a grant for councils that freeze council tax in 2013-14.
More top news
The V-pod Pain Distraction Unit uses 3-D technology to help young patients relax, while undergoing treatment.
Easington MP Grahame Morris has reacted with fury to reports the UK's only Government-run rail line will be taken over by a consortium.
A 101-year-old woman, who had to fight for her own education and has devoted her life to teaching others, is now inspiring adult learners.