Nearly three hundred holidaymakers, including a family from Gateshead, have won compensation after they became seriously ill on holiday.
They developed severe sickness and diarrhoea at the Royal Park Hotel in Bulgaria four years ago.
The tour operator First Choice has agreed to pay out more than half a million pounds to victims.
The Skee family say the hotel was dirty and had poor standards of food hygiene.
More top news
Families have welcomed a Foreign Affairs Select Committee report that criticises the way the Foreign Office treats bereaved relatives.
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has returned to the North East to see how his campaign to encourage youngsters to take up sport is going.
Sunderland stars swapped the pitch for the catwalk at the annual Fashion Strikes event, raising money for the Foundation of Light.