If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Remain or Leave? The impact on agriculture in the North East
Northumbria Police have released the following transport information ahead of England's friendly against Australia in Sunderland tonight
Scotland and Premier League striker, Steven Fletcher, claims he didn't receive a driving charge, as he was living away from home.