If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Staff at Newcastle International Airport are expecting their busiest day of the year. It's time for the Christmas getaway!
Remaining windy and mostly cloudy with further outbreaks of rain which will be persistent over the Pennines
Too often, he fails to reach his potential. But scoring at Newcastle three years running means he'll never buy a drink on Wearside again.