If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Rafa Benitez complimented the performances of three Newcastle United youngsters who made their debuts against Birmingham City in the FA Cup.
Older people in Darlington, who are at risk of undernutrition, are being given a weekly hot meal to improve their health and wellbeing.
Emilio Nsue has left Middlesbrough FC to sign for Championship club Birmingham for an undisclosed fee.