If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The four people who were all related were killed on the A64 near Malton as they returned from a wedding in Leeds.
GMB's Ben Shephard is cycling, running and swimming from Whitehaven to Tynemouth to raise money for the Children's Heart Unit Fund (CHUF).
Grandfather Stewart Anderson, 54, died after an incident at Durham's Loveshack nightclub in Durham City