If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The Sunderland boss takes his struggling side to Klopp's Liverpool determined to gain revenge a defeat at the Stadium of Light in December.
Police in the north east are supporting the 'United Nations' International Day of Zero Tolerance to female genital mutilation.
The Magpies have an injury crisis, with 12 first-team players unavailable for this weekend's game against West Brom