If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Campaigners are to hold a rally in Darlington today, to protest against possible changes to emergency care at hospitals in the region.
The Gung-Ho! Seriously Fun 5k takes place today (Saturday 2nd July) at Newcastle Racecourse, Gosforth in aid of charity.
Veterans, cadets, dignitaries and serving Northumberland Fusiliers have paid tribute to those killed at the Battle of the Somme