If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A warning has been issued about the potential health risks of buying counterfeit cosmetics online, after reports of being sold from Durham.
Sixty one decorated sculptures went under the hammer in a Grand Auction at Sage Gateshead on Tuesday night.
ITV Tyne Tees caught up with the new Queen of the Jungle as she arrived back to Newcastle airport.