If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The farming and rugby communities in Tynedale have rallied to help a Northumberland man diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.
Newcastle United has given a strong indication that they will keep John Carver as Head Coach until the end of the season.
A brighter day for Monday, but very mobile weather. Showery midweek, improving Thursday, but for how long...