If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Vera Robinson MBE has died at the age of 101. She had been a fundraiser for the Redcar RNLI lifeboat station since she was 16 years old.
Provisional statistics for July show it was a cool and wet month for many of us.
With just 49 days until the start of the Rugby World Cup, the Webb Ellis Cup is touring our region.