If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The constituency of Washington and Sunderland West includes the UK's largest car plant, which was opened by Nissan in 1984.
This seat was formed prior to the 2010 General Election, taking in Sunderland city centre and the Ryhope area to the south.
The constituency of Stockton South includes relatively affluent areas like Yarm and Eaglescliffe.