If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Mr Corbyn beat Owen Smith in a landslide victory and immediately called for those MPs who had tried to overthrow him to now back him.
It's been revealed it cost £4.5 million to restore 'Flying Scotsman' and return the iconic steam legend to the tracks.
Emma brings you Saturday's forecast for the Tyne Tees region