If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Flying Officer Cameron James Forster and Flying Officer Ajvir Singh Sandhu were killed in a plane crash in North Yorkshire.
Internationally renowned superstar Katherine Jenkins will be performing at Herrington Country Park in Sunderland on Friday 6th May.
A charity plans to distribute bunches of flowers across the region promoting the idea of "The Lonely Bouquet" as a goodwill gesture.