If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The man in charge of policing the protests has said that all forms of non-violent protest will now no longer be tolerated.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Boris the Red Toed Tortoise was taken yesterday afternoon (20 September) and the hunt is on to see Boris safely returned home.