If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Rixton stopped by the North East on their radio tour to promote Let The Road. They spoke to Rachel Sweeney about their music-scene takeover.
It seems we have some very talented pumpkin carvers in the region....
We asked for your scary snaps - here is a selection of the best!