If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Police in Blyth are using painted messages on doorsteps to tackle underage drinking.
The project to build a new bridge across the River Wear in Sunderland is now half way through with more than 500,000 man hours completed.
The Trust that runs hospitals in Newcastle has been named best performing for 5 years in a row.