- Tyne Tees
If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
A look at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region
A Northumberland man has broken the world record for three pot leeks with a combined size of 572 cubic inches.
A 70-year-old Northumberland gardener has broken the world record for owning the biggest leeks in the world.