If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
The singer's solo tour kicks off in Edinburgh in April and will see him play venues across the UK and Ireland.
The prisons watchdog has flagged up high levels of violence and severe drug problems at a large men's training jail.
As the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh celebrate 70 years together today, a Gateshead couple are also in their platinum anniversary year.