If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Our Sunderland fan blogger gives their assessment of the club's defeat at Everton
Nicola Sturgeon said the London mayor's comments that likened Scottish nationalism to racism were a sign of 'desperation'.
Stephen was last seen wearing a black coat, jeans, black hat and was carrying a bright blue nike bag.