If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Police have said it is "highly unusual" for teenager Emily Wicking to go missing. They are asking hotels and B&B owners for any information.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Tony Blair's former bodyguard has been found guilty of benefit fraud after raking in tens of thousands of pounds in disability allowance.