If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Prime Minister describes her visit to Manchester Children's Hospital to meet victims, many of whom are from the North East
Police were called to the Spar Store in King Oswy Drive in Hartlepool to reports of a drunk man causing a disturbance.
Cool and cloudy Monday with outbreaks of rain. Drier, brighter and warmer from Tuesday