If you have norovirus, the following steps should help ease your symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Take paracetamol for any fever or aches and pains
- If you feel like eating, eat foods that are easy to digest.
- Stay at home and don't go to the doctor, because norovirus is contagious and there is nothing the doctor can do while you have it.
- BUT, do contact your GP to seek advice if your symptoms last longer than a few days or if you already have a serious illness.
More top news
Kerrie brings you Sunday night's forecast
April weather returns for the week ahead
Over 700 fusiliers, veterans and cadets have marched in Newcastle to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the regiment.