Local bands will battle it out tonight to be crowned winners of the Soundwave Music Competition, in aid of Cancer Research UK. Hundreds of unsigned musicians from across the North East applied, and 12 bands were chosen to perform in the final.
The show will take place at the O2 Academy in Newcastle and hundreds of music fans are expected to turn out to support them.
The bands in the final are:
- Jamie Lee Harrison, Gateshead, Newcastle
- Silva Method, Gateshead and Newcastle
- AfterShock, Durham
- Chloe, Newcastle and Durham
- Face The Republic, East Durham
- Qualia, Peterlee
- Harwood Drive, Washington
- Kiss Your Commander, Newcastle
- Public Secret, Newcastle and Washington
- Black Nevada, Shildon and Bishop Auckland
- Below The Bridge, Tyne and Wear
- Dynamo, Cumbria
The winners will receive prizes that include a day of recording and radio airplay across Newcastle.