Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region
Northumbria police force is facing allegations of fostering a culture of "sexism" by a former employee.
A thief who stole his dying sister's life savings and left her children with no inheritance has walked free from court.