Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
In a letter from his top-security prison, serial killer Peter Sutcliffe denies attacking men before murdering women
The former England cricketer reportedly suggested he would have a better chance of being knighted if he "blacked up".
Negotiations are now at an advanced stage for a long-term lease between the City Council and HM Courts and Tribunals Service.