Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
Thousands of Newcastle fans are expected to boycott today's game against Tottenham at St James' Park.
Fine and mostly dry with some sunny spells for the first half of the new working week
A man has died after a car was overturned on the A1 this morning.