Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Remain or Leave? The impact on science and research in the North East
The Heritage Lottery Fund has given North Tyneside Council £164,300 towards structural surveys and paint analysis on St Mary's Lighthouse.