Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
Maggie Thompson says she is devastated at the continued vandalism to her daughter Siobhan's grave, following her death in 1991.
The department chain has announced plans of a 45 day consultation, in which the amount of redundancies could be decided.
Stephen Unwin and William McFall were handed whole life sentences for the brutal murder of 28-year-old Quyen Ngoc Nguyen last August.