Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
An endangered baby giraffe has been born at Flamingo Land Resort in Malton, North Yorkshire.
This is your guide to all 37 seats in the North East and North Yorkshire.
The constituency of Selby and Ainsty is a largely rural North Yorkshire seat between York, Harrogate and Pontefract.