Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
After a period of settled and fine weather - rain is waiting to move in.
The operation to manoeuvre the 300m deck from the south side of the River Wear to the north side took more than 20 hours to complete
One in six local roads will need to be repaired or even closed within the next five years, according to a new report.