Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
Northumbria Police have promised to get tough on drivers using hand-held mobile phones as part of a national crack-down.
Dogs Trust Darlington is looking for a home for Fester, a rather unusual looking Boxer.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.