Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
North Yorkshire County Council has decided that controversial proposals to close Eskdale School will now go to consultation.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
A row erupted after claims refugees living in Middlesbrough were housed in properties with red doors that made them targets for racism.