Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
Newcastle midfielder Sammy Ameobi has joined Cardiff on a season-long loan deal after signing a new two-year contract at St James' Park.
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Some Muslims living in our region say the 7/7 atrocities caused some to be demonised.