Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
Read our football blog with Robert Nichols after Middlesbrough's home defeat to Tottenham Spurs.
Emma brings you Sunday's weather forecast for the Tyne Tees region
Speaking after Sunderland's 3-2 defeat, Moyes said: "It can't always be me leading them by the hand and showing them what they should do".