Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
National Dialect Day was a chance to use and celebrate the country's rich and diverse dialects.
Police in Newcastle have arrested 13 people as part of a campaign to tackle crime and disorder in the west end.
Kerrie Gosney brings you Sunday night's forecast for the Tyne Tees region