Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
A look ahead at a calmer week for the Tyne Tees region.
Football memorabilia owned by England and Newcastle United star Malcolm MacDonald has raised almost thirty six thousand pounds at auction.
Anti-fracking campaigners have pledged to put their lives on the line to stop a company drilling for shale gas in North Yorkshire.