Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
The threat level has been raised to critical by MI5's Counter-Terrorism Analysis Centre.
Prime Minister Theresa May announced the decision from Downing Street.
Newcastle Central Mosque is welcoming Muslims and non-Muslims alike this evening to stand in solidarity with the people of Manchester.