Areas set to benefit from today's cash boost are:
- Scarborough Borough Council - £2,599,373
- Sunderland City Council - £2 million
- North Tyneside Council - £1,991,612
- North York Moors Historical Railway Trust - £800,000
- Port of Blyth - £500,000
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council - - £580,720
More top news
A report was launched at this year's Conservative conference and follows the 'devolution revolution' speech from the Chancellor.
The pair defrauded Durham County Council out of nearly £100,000 but were given suspended sentences.
Gascoigne is alleged to have sent abusive tweets, text messages and telephone calls to Amanda Thomas in March this year.