Newcastle City Council have released a statement after over sixty cases of food poisoning were reported following the Street Spice festival.
The Street Spice festival took place at Newcastle's Times Square last week where sixteen businesses attended the event.
Stephen Savage, the Director of Regulatory Services and Public Protection at Newcastle City Council, said:
“The City Council’s environmental health officers, in partnership with colleagues in the Health Protection Agency, are carrying out an investigation following reports of diarrhoea and vomiting illness in some people who attended the Street Spice festival which took place in Times Square last week.
"We have been working closely with neighbouring authorities to collect samples from those affected and we hope to have preliminary results by the end of this week. We are also working closely with the 16 businesses which attended the event to identify the foods which were on sale.”
More top news
On the first day of the meteorological Autumn - what will the weather have in store?
Fans are being warned that counterfeit Rugby World Cup tickets are in circulation. Here is some advice on how to avoid being conned.
George Bulman was found dead between Christmas and New Year at the home he shared with his wife Carol and son Geoffrey in Newcastle.