Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter