Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
After almost eight years in an Indian prison, Peter Bleach was plunged back into his former life as an arms dealer by a Danish film-maker.
They say local churches have already responded and will continue to pray, offer pastoral care and assist those affected.
New research shows that the majority of councils in England have lowered or are considering lowering the speed limit in residential areas.