Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
Spells of rain will bring a fresher feel tomorrow.
The tour operator is relaunching its holidays from the UK to Tunisia for the first time since the Sousse beach attack that left 38 dead.
The North East actor has told ITV News Tyne Tees a routine operation on his gall bladder in Spain stopped him filming Benidorm.