- Tyne Tees
Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
The highest grossing production of all time, The Lion King, is in Sunderland as part of its tour of the UK and Ireland.
Church Commissioners have announced that they are accepting a £2million bid by the Auckland Castle Trust to save Binchester Roman Town.
During Thyroid Cancer awareness month, ITV speaks to Christina Davison, from Northumberland, who was misdiagnosed for a number of years.