Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
Staff at Newcastle International Airport are expecting their busiest day of the year. It's time for the Christmas getaway!
Remaining windy and mostly cloudy with further outbreaks of rain which will be persistent over the Pennines
Too often, he fails to reach his potential. But scoring at Newcastle three years running means he'll never buy a drink on Wearside again.