Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
Plans to stop the Teesside super-hospital project seen temperatures rising among politicians and campaigners.
Birds of Paradise is a tribute to the elegance of feathers used by fashion industry giants like Alexander McQueen Christian Dior and Gucci.
School boy, Dylan Cosgrove is backing Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue's bonfire safety campaign after a firework prank went horribly wrong.