Derek Bonnard, the former Deputy Chief Constable of Cleveland Police, has been dismissed from the force after six counts of gross misconduct were upheld in a disciplinary hearing held by Cleveland Police.
Mr Bonnard was found to have:
- deliberately obstructed the criminal investigation known as Operation Sacristy
- misused public funds in relation to a charity bike ride
- misused a corporate credit card
- inappropriately hired a vehicle which he crashed, costing the tax payer over £5,000
- accepted inappropriate hospitality
- failed to follow policy and procedure in relation to a redundancy matter
More top news
Vera Robinson MBE has died at the age of 101. She had been a fundraiser for the Redcar RNLI lifeboat station since she was 16 years old.
Provisional statistics for July show it was a cool and wet month for many of us.
With just 49 days until the start of the Rugby World Cup, the Webb Ellis Cup is touring our region.