The couple who died in a fire on Teesside on Thursday have been named as 88-year-old William Volume and his wife Eileen Volume, 89.
They lived in Carlton Village for over fifty years.
Results from post-mortem examinations concluded that the couple died as a result of smoke inhalation.
More top news
A Ukip candidate who made "sexist, racist and violent" comments about a female journalist has apologised, saying he was "deeply ashamed".
April of this year was the sunniest month since records began in 1929, the Met Office has reported - with 212 hours
A churchgoer broke down in tears as she admitted to murdering her terminally-ill friend by smothering him to death in his care home.