Cleveland's Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) has pledged to develop neighbourhood policing and ensure a better deal for victims as part of his new policing plan.
The force has spent months consulting with communities to find out what they wanted to see as local priorities and has come up with five main objectives in its Police and Crime Plan. They are:
- Retain and develop neighbourhood policing
- Ensure a better deal for victims and witnesses
- Divert people from offending, focus on rehabilitation
- Develop better coordination, communication and partnership between agencies
- Work for better industrial and community relations
PCC for Cleveland, Barry Coppinger said:
– Barry Coppinger, Cleveland Police and Crime Commissioner
" The Plan sets out what I believe the public of Cleveland wants to achieve over the coming years."