A coroner said there was a failure in care by the North East Ambulance Service for a man who died from a heart attack after a paramedic refused to administer drugs.
An inquest into the death of Grahame Giles, 61, was opened after a previous coroner was not made aware of all the facts.
These included that Brian Jewers, the paramedic in question who worked for the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS), was struck off following the incident in 2008.
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
A North East photographer came into the studio earlier to talk about being shortlisted for a prestigious award.
A look ahead over the festive period.