A man from County Durham has said that he will never use the NHS non-emergency 111 number again.
Brian Sowerby called the 111 number after getting a serious lung infection - but says his condition worsened as he was kept on the phone for 45 minutes.
The helpline was first launched in County Durham and Darlington in 2010 before being rolled out across the North East in April.
Watch the full report from Frances Read below.
More top news
Firefighters are urging residents to be extra vigilant if using candles over the winter months and during the Hindu festival of Diwali.
A North York Moors project that aims to inspire families to love the great outdoors has received a special National Parks award.
The full programme of artworks, installations and events for Durham’s fifth Lumiere the UK’s largest light festival, have been revealed.