More than 80% of calls to the NHS 111 service were answered within 60 seconds, according to NHS England's latest figures released today. The report found:
- In April, there were 566,532 calls to the 111 service, with 94% (of these calls from people directly dialling 111.
- In the same month, 87% of answered calls made to NHS111 were answered within 60 seconds. Of all calls offered 4% were abandoned after waiting longer than 30 seconds.
- Average length of a call episode for data up to and including April was 8 minutes 09 seconds, with 79% of callers receiving a triage and 6% of answered calls called back.
- On average 27% of call time was handled by clinical staff for all calls up to and including April.
- For the period between April 2011 to March 2013, 92% of callers were very or fairly satisfied with their NHS111 experience.
You can read the full report here.
More top news
Brave four-year-old Emily called 999, before contacting her dad Stephen and making sure her younger brother and sister were cared for.
The 42-year-old is said to have been involved in a collision with two other cars while he was driving in West London on Sunday (18th March)
Emma Jesson brings you Sunday night's forecast