More than 80% of calls to the NHS 111 service were answered within 60 seconds, according to NHS England's latest figures released today. The report found:
- In April, there were 566,532 calls to the 111 service, with 94% (of these calls from people directly dialling 111.
- In the same month, 87% of answered calls made to NHS111 were answered within 60 seconds. Of all calls offered 4% were abandoned after waiting longer than 30 seconds.
- Average length of a call episode for data up to and including April was 8 minutes 09 seconds, with 79% of callers receiving a triage and 6% of answered calls called back.
- On average 27% of call time was handled by clinical staff for all calls up to and including April.
- For the period between April 2011 to March 2013, 92% of callers were very or fairly satisfied with their NHS111 experience.
You can read the full report here.
More top news
Richmondshire residents are being asked if play areas should be designated ‘smoke free’ zones.
A romantic hopeful proposed to his girlfriend by flying her over a field where a farmer had mowed the words "will you marry me".
The remains of 17th century Scottish soldiers are to be reburied in Durham. They had been captured in a Civil War battle in 1650.