The emergency services and gas engineers remain at the scene of a gas explosion in South Shields.
A woman and a man were taken to the Royal Victoria infirmary for further treatment to burns.
The next door neighbour was at work when the explosion happened early this morning.
More top news
A look ahead at the forecast for the Tyne Tees region.
Two year old Ruby from York ate 24 plastic gloves while her owner wasn't looking.
It is the start of the busiest time of the year for the RNLI which rescued 520 people on the North East coast last season.