- Tyne Tees
Two people have been injured in a gas explosion at a house in Jarrow, South Tyneside this morning. Homes around the address on Regent Road were evacuated as a precaution. Police say a woman has been injured and a man suffered minor burns. They've been taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
A police cordon has also been put in place. Tyne and Wear Fire Service are dealing with a fire in the kitchen in the house.The gas board are at the scene dealing the incident which may affect local gas supplies to people living nearby."
Firefighters and gas workmen are the house which is near the Tyne and Wear Metro line and the busy A19. The living room window and another downstairs window appeared to have been blown out into the garden.
More top news
During Thyroid Cancer awareness month, ITV speaks to Christina Davison, from Northumberland, who was misdiagnosed for a number of years.
A medical trial is underway in Middlesbrough, exploring whether aneurysm patients should exercise, instead of rest, before an operation.
Cameron may have wrong-footed Labour, but there may also be serious rumblings from his own backbenchers, if he wavers on England's future.