A 40 year old man is recovering after his disappearance led to a major air and sea search off Blyth in Northumberland last night.
It appears that while the RNLI was launching the search, the man was safely on shore.
The man, who has not been named, went out fishing in a dinghy with an 18-year-old relative and suffered suspected hypothermia.
The teenager got them back to shore, where the 40-year-old collapsed , and was taken to hospital.
Meanwhile, his family were concerned he'd been at sea so long and had rung the police. They called the police again to say that he had been found.
The police told the family they would need to tie up the incident, but according to the family, never arrived.
The RNLI did not know he had been found, and continued their search, fearing the man had gone overboard.
An RNLI spokesman said today: "Everyone at Tynemouth RNLI lifeboat station is pleased that no-one has been lost at sea."
More top news
Police said 375 people attended a rally in Newcastle by the anti-Islam group Pegida, while 2000 people joined a counter-demonstration.
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Durham Free School, which is to being closed down, is facing new criticism after pupils were told God designed the solar system.