Police have released a statement about the death of a homeless man in Middlesbrough. 40-year-old Mark Hurren, was assaulted in Worcester Street on 25th August. He died at James Cook University Hospital on 27th August. Mr Hurren had been living with his partner at friends' houses in the area.
“There was an altercation on the junction of Worcester Street and Parliament Road at around 6.00pm on Sunday evening involving several people which left Mark unconscious following an assault and I am particularly keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this.
“We need to piece together Mark’s movements from 6.00am on Sunday which will help the team to have a clearer picture of the events which led up to Mark’s tragic death.”
Wayne Stanley Spanswick, 41, was charged with wounding. He appeared at Teesside Magistrates Court and has been remanded in custody until 11th September 2013.
More top news
Police said 375 people attended a rally in Newcastle by the anti-Islam group Pegida, while 2000 people joined a counter-demonstration.
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Durham Free School, which is to being closed down, is facing new criticism after pupils were told God designed the solar system.