MPs were recalled to Parliament yesterday to vote on whether the British military should intervene in the crisis in Syria.
The vote went against the government by a majority of 285 to 272.
The following MPs voted with the government:
- James Wharton, Conservative, Stockton South
- Guy Opperman, Conservative, Hexham
The following MPs voted against the government proposal, rejecting the idea of military intervention in Syria.
- Catherine McKinnell, Labour, Newcastle upon Tyne North
- Tom Blenkinsop, Labour, Middlesbrough South
- Ian Mearns, Labour, Gateshead
- Mary Glindon, Labour, North Tyneside
- Ian Swales, Liberal Democrats, Redcar
- Bridget Phillipson, Labour, Houghton and Sunderland South
- Ronnie Campbell, Labour, Blyth Valley
- Pat Glass, Labour, North West Durham
- Julie Elliott, Labour, Sunderland Central
- Chi Onwurah, Labour, Newcastle Central
- Ian Lavery, Labour, Wansbeck
- Jenny Chapman, Labour, Darlington
More top news
Colder, windier and wetter weather is on the way.
The family of a Durham student who died after a night out said they will be 'eternally grateful' to the civilian diver who found his body.
North East sporting personalities have taken part in a relay race to mark the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.