MPs were recalled to Parliament yesterday to vote on whether the British military should intervene in the crisis in Syria.
The vote went against the government by a majority of 285 to 272.
The following MPs voted with the government:
- James Wharton, Conservative, Stockton South
- Guy Opperman, Conservative, Hexham
The following MPs voted against the government proposal, rejecting the idea of military intervention in Syria.
- Catherine McKinnell, Labour, Newcastle upon Tyne North
- Tom Blenkinsop, Labour, Middlesbrough South
- Ian Mearns, Labour, Gateshead
- Mary Glindon, Labour, North Tyneside
- Ian Swales, Liberal Democrats, Redcar
- Bridget Phillipson, Labour, Houghton and Sunderland South
- Ronnie Campbell, Labour, Blyth Valley
- Pat Glass, Labour, North West Durham
- Julie Elliott, Labour, Sunderland Central
- Chi Onwurah, Labour, Newcastle Central
- Ian Lavery, Labour, Wansbeck
- Jenny Chapman, Labour, Darlington
More top news
It is now five years since all eyes were turned on this region as events unfolded that would result in the death of the gunman Raoul Moat.
A woman described as being 'allergic to life' has opened a craft centre in Hartlepool to help her cope with her rare condition.
An extreme sports show has rolled into Wearside. The Torque show features everything from monster trucks to motorbikes.