MPs were recalled to Parliament yesterday to vote on whether the British military should intervene in the crisis in Syria.
The vote went against the government by a majority of 285 to 272.
The following MPs voted with the government:
- James Wharton, Conservative, Stockton South
- Guy Opperman, Conservative, Hexham
The following MPs voted against the government proposal, rejecting the idea of military intervention in Syria.
- Catherine McKinnell, Labour, Newcastle upon Tyne North
- Tom Blenkinsop, Labour, Middlesbrough South
- Ian Mearns, Labour, Gateshead
- Mary Glindon, Labour, North Tyneside
- Ian Swales, Liberal Democrats, Redcar
- Bridget Phillipson, Labour, Houghton and Sunderland South
- Ronnie Campbell, Labour, Blyth Valley
- Pat Glass, Labour, North West Durham
- Julie Elliott, Labour, Sunderland Central
- Chi Onwurah, Labour, Newcastle Central
- Ian Lavery, Labour, Wansbeck
- Jenny Chapman, Labour, Darlington
More top news
Kerrie Gosney brings you Saturday night's forecast
Showers becoming heavy and thundery Saturday afternoon. Drier for a large part of Sunday
Robert Hodgson, from Stanley, County Durham, committed the offences on the girls, aged as young as five or six, up to the age of 13.