Police have revealed more details about the body discovered at Cargo Fleet Pumping Station.
- He was over 21 but under 40.
- He had dark hair, possibly dark facial hair.
- There are no reports of missing persons in the Cleveland area in relation to the discovery.
- There is only access to the well on the site or by manhole
- All manholes in Middlesbrough will be searched for signs of disturbance.
- The site takes in storm water and sewerage. It is completely separate to any drinking water source.
- He was found naked - it is possible his clothes had been washed off.
- If the man did enter the system through a manhole, the currents are such he could have come from anywhere in Middlesbrough
More top news
Veterans, cadets, dignitaries and serving Northumberland Fusiliers have paid tribute to those killed at the Battle of the Somme
Clear spells. Showers. Brisk winds. Sunday looks like the better day
Two men whose grandfathers fought in the Tyneside Irish battalion and died together on the Somme have returned to visit their graves.