"Yesterday evening a guest became unwell and very sadly passed away in the bathroom of our Stockton restaurant.
"The emergency services arrived promptly but were unable to revive her. Our condolences go out to the family."
More top news
We ask Newcastle University expert Dr Jean Hall what causes sinkholes to appear and if the North East's mining heritage puts us at risk
Legal highs were banned by the Psychoactive Substances Act brought in in May. Police confiscated packets of substances from two addresses.
Nutmeg was taken in as a five-year-old stray 26 years ago - and is still going strong despite recent health issues