Residents in a County Durham village say that are devastated that their church hall, which they have raising money to restore, has been gutted by fire.
The hall at St John's church in Meadowfield had been closed while locals worked to raise £50 thousand to make much needed repairs.
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
A North East photographer came into the studio earlier to talk about being shortlisted for a prestigious award.
A look ahead over the festive period.