Joanne Milne had been profoundly deaf since she was born, when a cochlear implant helped her to hear for the first time.
She said the sounds were like nothing she had experienced before:
"The sound was going through my body and it was just, really hard to explain, because I've always felt vibrations rather than hearing sounds. The impact went straight through me and it was just so emotional," she said.
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
A North East photographer came into the studio earlier to talk about being shortlisted for a prestigious award.
A look ahead over the festive period.