Police are warning of the dangers of taking illegal drugs after a man died from taking potentially homemade ecstasy. The 20-year-old man, from South Shields, was taken to South Tyneside Hospital on April 6 where he was pronounced dead.
The tablet is a pale green colour. Anyone who believes they have taken a tablet from the homemade batch is urged to seek medical assistance immediately.
Detective Inspector Paul Woods said: "These tablets are potentially very dangerous and anyone thinking of taking any drug, particularly one similar to this, should not. If anyone thinks they have taken this drug they should seek immediate medical attention."
More top news
Five Cerebral Palsy community groups in the North East region are celebrating after receiving a grant from The Children’s Foundation.
David Moyes was left bemused by the individual errors that led to Sunderland's 3-1 defeat by Stoke City at the Stadium of Light.
Luckie the cocker spaniel has not been seen since December 21 when he escaped from a pet holding area onboard a DFDS ferry