A teenager who cut his neck when he fell onto a sun bed has died in hospital.
17-year-old Grant Adams was airlifted from a flat in South Shields to the RVI in Newcastle on Sunday.
It's understood he cut his neck on one of the light bulbs on the sun bed.
He then fell down the stairs.
More top news
Riders will burn an average of 13,222 calories over the three stages, which equates to 169.5 Yorkshire puddings.
Kirkleatham Museum visitors will be able to gaze at a range of miniature marvels as a major Lego exhibition comes to the borough.
100s gathered at a Hartlepool school to release balloons in memory of the two children who were killed in a horrific French car crash.