The family of a teenager who died after a freak accident, when he fell onto a sunbed, have allowed his organs to be donated for transplant.
Grant Adams, 17, tripped and fell onto a glass tube on the sunbed, at his home in South Shields.
He suffered serious neck injuries, and died earlier this week, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
It is not yet known how many lives could be saved as a result of his family's decision to donate his organs.
Nearly a third of people in the North East are currently on the organ donor register.
More top news
Birds of Paradise is a tribute to the elegance of feathers used by fashion industry giants like Alexander McQueen Christian Dior and Gucci.
School boy, Dylan Cosgrove is backing Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue's bonfire safety campaign after a firework prank went horribly wrong.
A giant poppy has been placed in front of the iconic Angel of the North today, 24th October by volunteers from The Royal British Legion.