The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
ITV News visited Scotland and Wales on Tuesday and spoke to members of the public after the verdict was announced.
Burberry and Chanel star Hanne Gaby Odiele says the surgery she had aged 10 to remove undescended testicles was unnecessary.
President Trump has signed executive orders to advance construction of the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.