The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
Berlinah Wallace was convicted of throwing a corrosive substance with intent but acquitted of murder.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a Buckingham Palace garden party as part of the Prince of Wales’s 70th birthday celebrations.
Official photos from the royal wedding are used across many of the papers.