The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
The prime minister was shouted at as she left the scene of the tragedy in which at least 79 people died.
Father-of-six Makram Ali, 51, was already receiving medical treatment as the attack unfolded. He died from multiple injuries, police say.
A review of how police and security services dealt with the latest terror attacks in the UK is to be launched, Amber Rudd has announced.