The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
A family has issued an appeal to help find their missing pet turkey - in case he gets gobbled up as someone's Christmas dinner.
The winner of X-Factor Ben Haenow has revealed how keen he is to have the Christmas number one.
The Ministry of Defence has announced that the first British reservists have set off for Sierra Leone to help tackle the Ebola outbreak.