The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
The singer ended speculation over who would perform by saying "the rumors are true" to her 63 million Twitter followers on Friday morning.
There will be lighter winds for all of us than yesterday, although it will still feel cool.
Senior fashion analyst at Mintel Tamara Sender said: "For the first time ever sales of trainers have overtaken high heels."