The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
One of Uber's self-driving vehicles has struck and killed a pedestrian, in what is the first fatality of its kind.
Cloudier in the east with isolated showers - wintry in places. Risk of ice!
Mums of children with Downs syndrome have made a Carpool Karaoke-style video to show they “wouldn’t change a thing” about their kids.