The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
Welsh international rugby league player Danny Jones has died today after collapsing during a match.
One medical worker told ITV News it was like 'entering your worst nightmare' as they tried to help look after the injured.
The Alan Partridge actor has made a video urging voters to back the party claiming the Tories will 'dismantle' the NHS if they win power.