The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
It comes just days after a father streamed himself murdering his daughter before killing himself on the social media platform.
Still got an old style paper £5 note? Well, you only have until Friday to spend it in shops before it ceases to become legal tender.
Liang Sheng-yueh's girlfriend, who was found by his side, died three days before they were discovered.