The headline figures from the Office for National Statistics are:
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, revised from a decline of 0.2 per cent previously estimated
- For the year 2011, GDP in volume terms increased by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the production industries fell by 1.3 per cent, within which manufacturing fell by 0.7 per cent
- Output of the service industries fell by 0.1 per cent, while output of the construction industry fell by 0.2 per cent
- Household final consumption expenditure increased by 0.4 per cent in volume terms in the latest quarter
More top news
A grandmother says she was outraged after her grandson was segregated from his classmates by a cardboard screen - for being one minute late.
Leaked documents have revealed the first known picture of Mohammed Emwazi - named as IS militant Jihadi John - as a student in London.
With March just around the corner it's looking like this winter will be the sunniest on record (data goes back to 1929).