Leslie Screach died in 2003 after being exposed to asbestos fibres. Today his daughter Ruth Durham said she still had mixed emotions:
I am delighted to hear of the court's decision which will now see justice done for my father and the other mesothelioma sufferers. I was determined to see this through with a positive outcome for all those who, like my dad, suffered so terribly because of someone else's negligence. I miss him every day and no sum of money will ever bring him back or make up for what he went through.
More top news
While writing The Great Fire, I was interested to find striking parallels between Britain in 1666 and modern-day equivalents.
Tory Chief Whip Michael Gove has taken time out from his schedule to claim second place in Westminster's Dog of the Year competition.
An airline safety video features orcs in oxygen masks, elves for flight attendants and epic battlefield scenes.