Thirty-four universities are set to see more than a 10% reduction in numbers, here's a list of the five most affected.
- 12.6% - University of East London
- 12.4% - University of Bedfordshire
- 12.2% - Middlesex University
- 12.1% - University of Northampton
- 12% - Liverpool Hope University
Forecast from data published by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
More top news
A look ahead to the forecast for today across the UK.
People have been warned to prepare for cold weather as ice and snow is set to hit parts of the UK.
There is concern that the lack of clean water could add mean more people fall victim to the worst recorded cholera outbreak in history.