Some 120 Metropolitan Police officers have reportedly been found guilty of racist behaviour since the Macpherson report prompted by the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
In reply to a Freedom of Information request by Channel 4 News, Scotland Yard said that between 1999 and 2011, 120 of its police officers "had allegations of misconduct, under the category 'discriminatory behaviour' with the sub-category 'race', substantiated against them".
According to the data:
- 79 were police constables;
- 13 were police sergeants;
- Four were detective inspectors or higher rank.
- 21 received some kind of sanction, most commonly a fine;
- One police officer of the 120 was dismissed.
More top news
Big celebrations for one couple and their families after they got married - in a busy shopping centre !
Justin Timberlake has confirmed he and his wife Jessica Biel are expecting their first child together.
Donations for a frail and visually impaired pensioner who was attacked outside his home have passed £200,000.