Some 120 Metropolitan Police officers have reportedly been found guilty of racist behaviour since the Macpherson report prompted by the murder of Stephen Lawrence.
In reply to a Freedom of Information request by Channel 4 News, Scotland Yard said that between 1999 and 2011, 120 of its police officers "had allegations of misconduct, under the category 'discriminatory behaviour' with the sub-category 'race', substantiated against them".
According to the data:
- 79 were police constables;
- 13 were police sergeants;
- Four were detective inspectors or higher rank.
- 21 received some kind of sanction, most commonly a fine;
- One police officer of the 120 was dismissed.
More top news
Last minute preparations are going on at the Church of St Mary Magdalene where Princess Charlotte will be christened.
Princess Charlotte is being christened on Sunday at Sandringham in Norfolk in only her second public appearance since she was born.
Thunderstorms clear the North, leaving a dry and warm day with sunny spells.