Large earthquakes are extremely rare in the UK, but not unknown. The British Geological Society has produced this interactive timeline. Here are some facts about earthquakes in the UK:
- The largest earthquake on record was in 1931 and had a magnitude of 6.1
- 20 to 30 earthquakes are felt by people each year
- Magnitude 4 earthquake happen roughly every two years
- Research suggests magnitude 6.5 is biggest earthquake possible
- The most damaging earthquake was in the Colchester area in 1884. 1,200 buildings suffered damage.
- To put it into perspective, Japan's recent tsunami was caused by a magnitude 7.5 earthquake
More top news
Other highlights during the weekend are Liam Gallagher, The Killers, Depeche Mode, Travis, Van Morrison, Blossoms and James Bay.
President Trump is being bombarded with criticism condemning the family-separation situation as a national moment of shame.
Gerald Grosvenor led the initiative for the Defence National Rehabilitation Centre and gave £70 million of his own money.