A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
An undercover investigation claims England manager Sam Allardyce offered advice on how to "get around" FA rules on player transfers.
The four artworks shortlisted for this year's Turner Prize include a huge golden sculpture of buttocks, and more than £20,000 in pennies.
A proposal to sell ivory stockpiles and return profits to communities that sustain elephants has been defeated at a major global conference.