A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Donald Trump is set to be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States but major questions still remain over his team.
Ana-Alecia Ayala became an internet sensation for her video showing her dancing and laughing through intensive chemo treatment.
In a week that has lurched from the bizarre to the surreal, we are now just a day away from one of the great rituals of American democracy.