A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Bono said the death of Dennis Sheehan, who had been the band's manager for more than 30 years, was like "losing a family member".
Up until today Zurich has always been a safe haven for Fifa - an island could behave just how they wanted. Yesterday changed everything.
Prime Minister plans a whistle-stop charm offensive with EU leaders this week.