A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge has called England Women footballers to wish them well in their World Cup semi-final against Japan
Stories continue to emerge of the heroism and compassion of Tunisians who tried to help in the wake of the Sousse attack.
Thunderstorms continue across parts of northern England and Scotland tonight.