A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
David Cameron will soon no longer be Conservative leader or prime minister. But who could replace him? We look at the potential contenders.
In the first of a new series, ITV News visits Mansfield to find out what was behind their referendum vote.
Jeremy Corbyn faces full rebellion over decision to not step down as leader.