A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Culture Secretary is mulling over a bar on the broadcaster going head-to-head with commercial rivals as part of the review of its charter.
EastEnders stalwart Dame Barbara, 78, is leaving the soap and her final episodes as Peggy Mitchell will be shown in just over a week.
The victims, named as Jamonicka Johnson, Von Johnson Jr., Devonte Asberry, Venetia Asberry, and Lenda Asberry, drowned in Texas.