A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Philip Thomas doesn't like to dwell on the disaster that buried him alive - but he can still recall in detail how an unpaid debt saved him.
The deal would set up a free trade zone between the EU and Canada - and could be an important test for the UK's Brexit negotiations.
A mother has won her battle against the Home Office to allow her Nigerian sister into the country - so she can undergo a marrow transplant.