A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
President Trump has taken a major step in dismantling Obama-era environmental protections in a bid to revitalise America's coal industry.
A milder night and staying frost free, with outbreaks of rain and misty low cloud for the hills and higher ground.
The Government is launching a consultation on whether to move Channel 4 out of London, Culture Secretary Karen Bradley has announced.