A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Police are responding to an incident at Manchester Arena and have said to avoid the area.
ITV News travels to Britain's eastern-most city to gauge how the electorate will be casting its votes.
Carefully choreographed campaigns can become unstuck because voters have the power to peel back a politician's veneer.