A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
In the British Medical Journal, cardiologist John Dean said doctors who carry out private health work deprive the NHS of a vital resource.
On ITV News at Ten this evening, an incorrect picture was used in a story about Edwin Mee, who was found guilty of 13 sex attacks...
Europe is at risk of an unprecedented explosion in obesity rates, researchers say.