A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Men who have been forced by women to have sex against their will are being urged to take part in a new study into the "hidden crime".
A doctor has lost a Court of Appeal challenge against her gross negligence manslaughter conviction over the six-year-old's death.
Brexiteers are crowing "victory at last" over yesterday's overwhelming vote by MPs in favour of triggering Article 50 by the end of March.