A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
A thoughtful teenager has taken Valentine's romance to a whole new level by buying 900 flowers and giving one to every girl in his school.
The group of Adelie penguins dwindled from 160,000 to 10,000 after an iceberg got stuck near their colony, scientists have found.
At least 10 people have been injured after more than 50 cars were involved in a pile-up on a busy highway in Pennsylvania.