A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
A 14-year-old boy has reportedly been arrested in Saudi Arabia after dancing the Macarena in the street.
Another American city is hit by political turmoil as police use tear gas to disperse protesters at a rally in Phoenix, Arizona.
Kim Wall, whose body had been cut apart, is believed to have died while on a privately built submarine belonging to a Danish inventor.