A new report says the government must base their plans to access private email and online correspondence on the following principles:
- There must be sufficient, sustainable cause
- There must be integrity of motive
- The methods must be proportionate and necessary
- There must be right authority, validated by external oversight
- It should be a last resort
- There must be reasonable prospect of success
More top news
Swapping snow for sunshine
A Red Arrows aircraft has crashed at RAF Valley, it is understood there were two people on board the jet.
Peter Pickering - who became known as the Beast of Wombwell - has been found guilty of abducting and raping a woman forty-six years ago.