Family pays tribute to camp tragedy girl

The family of a teenager killed in a campsite tragedy thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue have spoken about their "unimaginable sadness" about her death.

In a statement issues through police, relatives of Hannah Thomas-Jones described the 14-year-old's death as a tragic accident:

Hannah was a beautiful, intelligent, talented sister, daughter, cousin and granddaughter. She was a talented pianist, a sportswoman and had a wonderful warming sense of humour. Hannah was an adorable teenager who will be missed with unimaginable sadness.

Hannah will be forever in our and many people's memories. The joy that she gave in the short period she graced this earth was a blessing to all. We miss and love her so very, very much."

Advertisement

Tributes to campsite death girl

Tributes have been paid to Hannah Thomas-Jones who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a campsite on Sunday. Her brother is said to be stable but "unwell" in hospital and their parents "comfortable".