The poll is the first since 2005 where Charles has seen a clear lead as first choice to be the next King. It shows:
- 51% believe he should take up his right to the throne
- 40% said William should be next
- Nearly every age group wanted Charles to be King
- Strongest support was among 45 to 54-year-olds
- The youngest group surveyed of 14 to 24-year-olds prefer William
Ipsos MORI/Sun On Sunday
More top news
A two-day search of the flooded cave network has not found the youngsters.
Danielle McCollum took to the stage at the Capital XTRA Unleashed event.
The Duke of Cambridge visited the same spot where Kate was photographed with her family when she was a child.