The poll is the first since 2005 where Charles has seen a clear lead as first choice to be the next King. It shows:
- 51% believe he should take up his right to the throne
- 40% said William should be next
- Nearly every age group wanted Charles to be King
- Strongest support was among 45 to 54-year-olds
- The youngest group surveyed of 14 to 24-year-olds prefer William
Ipsos MORI/Sun On Sunday
More top news
The bank was taken out of public hands in May 2017.
The 18-year-old was shot in each arm and leg during the attack in the early hours of Sunday.
Concerns have been raised that the life-saving service will not be doctor-led as most services are across the world.