The poll is the first since 2005 where Charles has seen a clear lead as first choice to be the next King. It shows:
- 51% believe he should take up his right to the throne
- 40% said William should be next
- Nearly every age group wanted Charles to be King
- Strongest support was among 45 to 54-year-olds
- The youngest group surveyed of 14 to 24-year-olds prefer William
Ipsos MORI/Sun On Sunday
More top news
Coldest air yet to arrive
The band's hit singles include You To Me Are Everything, Can You Feel The Force?, and Can't Get By Without You.
The EU Council president welcomed greater detail on the UK's Brexit plans, but said the UK was still trying to have its cake and eat it.