The poll is the first since 2005 where Charles has seen a clear lead as first choice to be the next King. It shows:
- 51% believe he should take up his right to the throne
- 40% said William should be next
- Nearly every age group wanted Charles to be King
- Strongest support was among 45 to 54-year-olds
- The youngest group surveyed of 14 to 24-year-olds prefer William
Ipsos MORI/Sun On Sunday
More top news
The Made In Chelsea star lasted three weeks in the ITV show, and was visibly shocked as presenters Ant and Dec announced she had won.
Wintry into a new week
Lord Kerslake announced he was stepping down as chairman of King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London.