The poll is the first since 2005 where Charles has seen a clear lead as first choice to be the next King. It shows:
- 51% believe he should take up his right to the throne
- 40% said William should be next
- Nearly every age group wanted Charles to be King
- Strongest support was among 45 to 54-year-olds
- The youngest group surveyed of 14 to 24-year-olds prefer William
Ipsos MORI/Sun On Sunday
More top news
Humberside Police rebutted a newspaper's critical article, saying its officers had worked 'long, hard hours during the event'.
It comes as households already face a triple-whammy from airfares, fuel and electricity prices.
The business secretary called the move a 'positive step forward' after the US-imposed tariff sparked fears over jobs in Northern Ireland.