A British woman has been found with almost 5kg of cocaine in her possession in Bali, a province of Indonesia. Drugs offences carry the death penalty in Indonesia.
- Around 100 people currently on death row
- Last known execution in November 2008
- Two people executed for drugs offences in that year
- The Constitution gives the President power to grant clemency
- 62 foreigners sentenced to death and nine executed (1982-2009)
- Execution by shooting is still legal, but there have been recent attempts to ban it
(Source: Death Penalty Worldwide)