Social networking website LinkedIn has provided these security tips following the reported theft of almost 6.5 million passwords. See the full statement here.
- Never change your password by following a link in an email
- Change your account passwords every few months
- Don’t use the same password on all the sites you visit
- Don’t use a word from the dictionary
- Never give your password to others or write it down
More top news
Mixed fortunes across the UK tomorrow. Still breezy across the north.
The Labour leader said socialist politics would not be put "back in a box" as he appeared on stage at the festival.
There are reports that at least some MPs and Lords have been left unable to access their emails as a result of the attack.