Around 200 people were evacuated today after a cinema caught fire on a busy shopping street.
Up to 60 firefighters were battling the blaze at the Electric Cinema in Portobello Road, west London, after it broke out at around 2.30pm.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said 12 fire engines were sent to the scene and the blaze had been brought under control.
There were no reported injuries.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said a cordon was set up and the road was temporarily closed.
More top news
A row erupted after claims refugees living in Middlesbrough were housed in properties with red doors that made them targets for racism.
The female bamboo shark, which has had no contact with any males for more than two years has produced two fertile eggs, experts said.
An angry mum claims a manager for celebrity chef Sat Bains called her a "bad mother" when she cancelled a booking as her daughter was ill.