Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
The RAF and Royal Navy were tasked with a 2,000-mile round trip to rescue a British cruise passenger bitten on the arm by a seal
Another unsettled day is forecast for the UK with strong winds and heavy bursts of rain.
Grant Shapps and Lord Feldman should stand down for their alleged inaction over bullying claims, father of activist who killed himself says.