Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon was among those who paid tributes to the former Dundee East MP, saying his loss would be "keenly felt".
Former Conservative party chairman says the mistakes of two Tory Prime Ministers in row have had "calamitous" consequences for Britain.
A 42-year-old woman has been held after at least six people were injured in a collision with a car outside a sports centre in Newcastle.