Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
The UK's French ambassador, Sylvie Bermann said the destruction of the Calais 'Jungle' will encourage refugees to seek asylum in France.
Beatty is the first American to win the prestigious literary prize for his satirical novel, The Sellout.
Engineers are exploring greener technologies to help reduce the carbon emissions as aviation continues to expand.