Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
The Defence Secretary said the UK was “obviously talking with allies”.
The pregnant duchess did not attend an Invictus cycling event on Sunday.
The Deloitte Consumer Tracker survey found consumer optimism has dropped four percentage point between the past two financial quarters.