Among the reforms to Whitehall departments which are expected to be unveiled by Cabinet Office minster Francis Maude today are:
- Perks such as free holidays axed
- End to clothing allowances
- Departments more concentrated on delivering Government policy
- Flexible working arrangements under review
- Rights reviewed for having time off for the Queen’s Birthday
More top news
In an embarrassing setback for the president, Republicans failed to reach the number of votes to pass his new healthcare act into law.
It will feel pleasantly warm in the sunshine, with temperatures reaching 12 or 13 Celsius (54 to 55F).
Some of Britain's biggest stars of the stage and screen will be honoured at Buckingham Palace later today.