If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
The 74-year-old Prisoner Cell Block H actress will face court next month charged with the indecent assault of a 13-year-girl in the 1980s.
The PM will promise today to unmask the corrupt offshore companies that are buying up luxury London properties using "plundered cash".
A public inquiry into undercover policing in England and Wales is to be formally opened today.