If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Atheist Richard Dawkins has cancelled his Australia and New Zealand tour after suffering from a 'minor stroke', his management said.
Sleet and snow for some parts of Scotland. Elsewhere in the UK will be cold, cloudy and with some showers.
At least 52 people have been killed after a fight broke out between two rival drugs gangs in a Mexico prison.