If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
A fine start into a new month with sunny spells and cloud coming and going.
One of art's mysteries has been solved, and while the lady in the Mona Lisa remains unconfirmed, we now know what the mark in The Scream is.
Donald Trump has visited Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto and discussed the Republican's plan to build a wall between the countries.