If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Murray's hopes of a first Australian Open title blew up in smoke as the world number one tumbled out in the fourth round to Mischa Zverev
The Pope has warned against a rise in populism and the danger of 'seeking a saviour in times of crisis'.
Gulf War veteran Paul Briggs' widow, Lindsey, 40, launched legal action to have his life support withdrawn so he could "die with dignity".