If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Pilots with a history of depression should not be banned from flying, a leading British psychiatrist has said.
Parents have been told by teachers they'll be reported to police and social services if children to play Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto
TV presenter Alice Beer has said the pair received similar kidnap and rape threats just weeks before the Crimewatch star was murdered.