If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Tonight it'll become quite clear with a patchy frost in places. The breeze will keep much of the fog at bay.
He suggested people who are not concerned about the new notes donate their bodies for 'decorative use in future five pound notes'.
Tens of thousands of people lined the streets of Chapecó for a memorial ceremony honouring footballers killed in a plane crash.