If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
A German 65-year-old teacher from Berlin has given birth to quadruplets after a pregnancy that was widely criticised because of her age.
Although there are bright skies for many as we start the bank holiday, more central, eastern and south eastern regions will be cloudy.
Fans around the globe have been celebrating Pac-Man's 35th anniversary by paying homage to the smiley faced character.