If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Inflation fell from 3.1% in November, to 3% in the last month of 2017.
Wintry scenes with rain, sleet & snow
Residents have been ordered to evacuate around Mount Mayon in the Philippines as lava and ash flows from its tip.