If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Northwestern Scotland and Northern Ireland face a rain-hit weekend, while the rest of Britain enjoys some bright but generally dry weather.
All this week while reporting, I have been taking photos. They offer powerful portraits of the lives affected by the desperate outbreak.
Some of the world's biggest football clubs will ask FIFA to move the 2022 World Cup to spring.