If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Chelsea fans are at the centre of a new racism storm after video emerged of supporters mocking the recent racist incident on a Paris Metro.
NASA's Dawn probe is preparing to make an historic rendezvous with the dwarf planet Ceres.
A US Twitter study has found that there are almost 50,000 active pro-Islamic State accounts, but say the number could be as high as 90,000.