If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
South Africa's president often seems able to survive anything, writes John Ray - but a vote of no confidence held in secret may change that.
No EU national currently living lawfully in the UK will be made to leave on the day of Brexit under proposals outlined by Theresa May.
A revolutionary cancer-fighting machine will deliver proton beam therapy for the first time in the UK.