If the inflation figure remains unchanged today it would follow a sharp drop in April:
- In April CPI [Consumer Price Index] fell to 3% from 3.5% in March
- That's the lowest level since February 2010
- Inflation has fallen from 5.2% last September
- Previous falls are due to the reduced impact of the VAT rise in 2011
- Also falling energy and food prices and bill cuts from utility providers
More top news
Family and friends of the victims of Grenfell Tower have been paying tribute to those who perished in the disaster.
I ate a scorpion, grasshoppers and worms. I never thought I could, and that's the real issue with selling insects as food in the UK.
The floral displays were set out at St George’s Chapel and St George’s Hall in Windsor.