- The minds of patients with locked-in syndrome are perfectly healthy
- However the body is almost completely paralysed
- In Tony Nicklinson's case the condition began after he had a stroke
- It can also be caused by damage to nerve cells, diseases of the circulatory system and brain injury
- There is no standard treatment or cure
More top news
The station's decision not to renew the former London mayor's contract follows his controversial comment about Hitler supported Zionism.
Sarah Seawright's police photo was shared hundreds of times by fawning social media admirers after she was arrested for careless driving.
Zoo officials said the 17-year-old gorilla was killed to save the life of the boy who had crawled past a barrier into its enclosure.