- The minds of patients with locked-in syndrome are perfectly healthy
- However the body is almost completely paralysed
- In Tony Nicklinson's case the condition began after he had a stroke
- It can also be caused by damage to nerve cells, diseases of the circulatory system and brain injury
- There is no standard treatment or cure
More top news
Consumers are being warned that online shopping may not be as hassle free as it is cracked up to be.
Olly Murs has revealed that he still does not speak to his brother after he missed his sibling's wedding to rehearse for the X Factor.
South of the M4 corridor tomorrow we are going to see and area of rain pushing up, which will take care of the fog in those areas.