- The minds of patients with locked-in syndrome are perfectly healthy
- However the body is almost completely paralysed
- In Tony Nicklinson's case the condition began after he had a stroke
- It can also be caused by damage to nerve cells, diseases of the circulatory system and brain injury
- There is no standard treatment or cure
More top news
Authorities say Ai Weiwei failed to disclose a previous "criminal conviction" - though his supporters say he was never even charged.
The supermarket made the change after getting feedback from customers who said they felt under pressure as they finished their shop.
Harry Potter fans have been left sorely disappointed after the slightly misleading hashtag #NewHarryPotterBooks began trending on Twitter.