- NHS Hospitals in Nottingham saw seven of 140 operations cancelled.
- In Dudley, all 53 GP practices remained open. Five practices confirmed they would be taking part in the action.
- At the Medway NHS Foundation Trust, no operations were cancelled.
- In Kent and Medway, there is at least one GP taking part in the action at 77 of the 273 practices in the area.
- There were 331 outpatients cancelled in hospitals in Barking, Havering and Redbridge. While 843 outpatient appointments are going ahead as planned.
- Of 44 outpatient clinics due to be held at the Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust, only nine clinics have been affected.
- Colchester General Hospital and Essex County Hospital have rescheduled 13 non emergency appointments. This equates to about one eighth of the total number of non-emergency operations.
Just 8% of doctors working in the NHS in England went on strike, according to the Government. More than 20,000 patients were affected.
Doctors are taking industrial action for the first time in almost 40 years but what are the arguments for and against pension reforms?
More than half of people surveyed in an exclusive ITV News poll oppose the doctors' strike over pensions that will take place on Thursday.