The historic handshake planned between the Queen and Martin McGuinness is not the only tough meeting for the Queen.
After 60 years our Queen has:
- Made over 300 state visits abroad.
- Around 25,000 visits around Britain to greet, meet, open and tour events or buildings.
- Hosted more than 100 state banquets for foreign heads of state, including Robert Mugabe and Nicolae Ceausescu.
- Conferred 400,000 honours.
- Dealt with around 150 prime ministers in Britain and the Commonwealth.
- Received 3.5m pieces of correspondence.
More top news
The annual event has earned a place in the record books ahead of the grand final of the 60th anniversary show in Austria this evening.
Local authorities said the move is necessary to "avert the growing number of deaths and increasing harm linked to psychoactive substances".
Some students argued that the centuries-old tradition of wearing gowns, suits and mortarboards to exams was 'archaic' and looked elitist.