England have played the four-time World Cup winners Italy on 22 occasions, winning seven. The FA have published ten more facts about the fixture - here's the top five:
- Italy have won the World Cup four times and the European Championship once – when they hosted the four-team tournament in 1968. They won their semi-final with the Soviet Union on the toss of a coin after a 0-0 draw in Naples!
- Neither England nor Italy entered the first European Championship in 1958-60, then known as the ‘European Nations Cup’.
- England and Italy have met on 22 occasions, initially in a Rome friendly in 1933 that finished 1-1. England’s record is won seven, drawn six and lost nine.
- England have only won one of their last nine matches with Italy, 2-0 in ‘Le Tournoi’ in Nantes 15 years ago.
- Despite having an Italian manager for four years, England and Italy haven’t played each other since 2002. The Italians edged a friendly 2-1 at Elland Road.
Find out Mario Balotelli's response when he was asked if he had a message for his Manchester City team mate and England goalkeeper Joe Hart.
Police have launched an investigation into the alleged online racist abuse of two England footballers who missed penalties against Italy.
England waves goodbye to Euro 2012 after losing to Italy on penalties.