England have played the four-time World Cup winners Italy on 22 occasions, winning seven. The FA have published ten more facts about the fixture - here's the top five:
- Italy have won the World Cup four times and the European Championship once – when they hosted the four-team tournament in 1968. They won their semi-final with the Soviet Union on the toss of a coin after a 0-0 draw in Naples!
- Neither England nor Italy entered the first European Championship in 1958-60, then known as the ‘European Nations Cup’.
- England and Italy have met on 22 occasions, initially in a Rome friendly in 1933 that finished 1-1. England’s record is won seven, drawn six and lost nine.
- England have only won one of their last nine matches with Italy, 2-0 in ‘Le Tournoi’ in Nantes 15 years ago.
- Despite having an Italian manager for four years, England and Italy haven’t played each other since 2002. The Italians edged a friendly 2-1 at Elland Road.