UN Arab-league envoy Kofi Annan has issued the final Communique on the Syrian situation. Mr Annan addressed the following in the plan:
- All parties must re-commit to a sustained cessation of armed violence in all its forms and immediate implementation of the six-point plan.
- A cessation of armed violence must be sustained with credible and visible actions.
- Intensification of the pace of releasing 'arbitrarily' detained persons.
- Ensuring freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists.
- Respecting freedom of association and the right to demonstrate peacefully as legally guaranteed.
- All parties must show full respect for UNSMIS’ safety and security.
- The Government must allow immediate and full humanitarian access.
There is evidence that the Syrian Army is losing control of more parts of the Syrian capital and the fighting is edging closer to Assad.
Shocking video has emerged of the moment a funeral procession was hit by an explosion in Damascus, killing dozens of people.
UN special envoy Kofi Annan said talks in Geneva today had reached an agreement on a Syrian-led transition, but issued no firm guidance.