The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Fine start to the week for most but turning wet and windy from Wednesday.
Thousands of people have lined the banks of the Mersey to see Cunard's three flagship ocean liners sail down the river.
Claims that surgeons used an old saw found in a cupboard to amputate a patient's leg are being investigated.