The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
The latest forecast from ITV Weather.
Newly released emails to a Muslim campaign group reveal Mohammed Emwazi felt "controlled" under the watch of the security services.
Five members of the Armed Forces have been granted operational honours and awards in recognition of their service.