The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Two knives were found at the scene in Islington, North London, and the suspects fled on foot before being arrested.
The violence began after a counter-protester allegedly doused a female rally organiser with pepper spray.
As temperatures climb through the day, the warmest spots are likely to be across western parts of Northern Ireland and western Scotland.