The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
So-called Islamic State fighters have re-entered the historic city of Palmyra in central Syria, activists say.
The driver stopped at the scene and the boy was taken to hospital, but he died on the way.
Sunday Times restaurant critic AA Gill has died at the age of 62, three weeks after revealing he had cancer.