The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
A police officer in today's London Pride parade surprised his partner by proposing in the middle of the parade.
Government minister Justine Greening has apparently opened up about her sexuality, as thousands took part in the London Pride parade.
Record crowds are at this year's Pride in London parade as people show their support for the LGBT community after the Orlando shooting