The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Hundreds joined the party for Jerika Bolen, 14, who has decided to come off life support and allow herself to die later this year.
The International Olympic Committee's (IOC) has ruled out a total ban on Russian athletes after revelations of state-sanctioned doping.
Burnley have apologised to Bradford after one of their supporters was ejected from Saturday's pre-season friendly at Valley Parad