The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
A sweet shop owner in Pakistan has admitted killing 30 people, including children, by lacing confectionery with pesticides.
Kirsty Williams successfully defended her Brecon seat, but her party lost four others in a disastrous night.
President Erdogan refuses to amend his country's terror laws in return for visa-free travel in Europe for his citizens.