The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
The head of the Italian Red Cross, waiting to treat rescued migrants in Italy from the latest boat disaster, tells ITV News Europe must act.
Showers continue across western Scotland throughout tomorrow but some brightness here as well.
Two people were injured in a collision involving several vehicles in central London, after their car was caught between two buses.