The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
A woman who had just arrived back at Manchester Airport after a holiday abroad was surprised with a flash mob - and a wedding proposal.
Former prime minister said he failed to predict chaos after toppling of dictator as he calls for UK to send in ground troops against Isis.
An investigation is underway into a series of malicious threats made to schools across the UK.