The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Nina Nannar has an unforgettable encounter with the man who has run the Chanel couture house for more than 30 years.
This afternoon will remain fine and settled for central and western areas of Britain.
A paramedic left her own wedding to help her family following a car crash.