The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
France's Champagne and Burgundy wine regions have been granted Unesco world heritage status, as the remit for the title broadens.
A largely dry night ahead for the UK, but showers are set to spread in from the west during tomorrow.
Crowds of people gathered in Sandringham on Sunday to catch a glimpse of Princess Charlotte as she arrived for her official christening.