The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
A suspected drunk driver ploughed into a crowd during Mardi Gras celebrations in the southern US city.
The singer had been tweeting in support of migrants when she was bombarded with abusive messages.
Ministers are reportedly considering plans in a bid to lower inward migration.