The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Jamie Oliver turned down the offer of playing a hobbit in the movie adaptation of the book by JRR Tolkien, the TV chef has revealed.
Children are being put at risk as 11% of posts for permanent children's social workers remain unfilled, experts have warned.
A Network Rail boss who presided over the Christmas trains chaos will not receive a bonus of more than £300,000 when he leaves in February