The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
It comes as 22 charities signed an open letter vowing to improve safeguarding, and apologising for 'failures' in the sector.
Olympic freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy said the dog meat farm in South Korea was 'one of the saddest places I've seen'.
Two-year-old Casper Platt-May and his six-year-old brother Corey died in the crash in Coventry on Thursday.