The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Showers in the north. Fine in the south
A British man was injured in a suspected terror attack in Finland in which two people were killed, the Government has said.
Jeremy Hunt has rejected Professor Stephen Hawking's claim that he "abused" scientific research to justify the creation of a seven-day NHS.