The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Over 100 people are missing and feared to have been buried under debris following a landslide in China.
Members of the London community have rallied round to offer their help to residents of the evacuated Chalcots estate in Camden.
The two children of murdered MP Jo Cox will unveil a coat of arms in the Houses of Parliament in a touching tribute to their mother.