The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
The speech was OK, passionate at times and certainly well received, but did not display the passion of past speeches.
The brother-in-law of a British hostage being held by Islamic State militants in Syria, says he is scared by US airstrikes in the country.
ITV weather presenter Lucy Verasamy has a look at the weekend weather at Gleneagles where the Ryder Cup is taking place.