The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
Theresa May will attend a key EU summit on Thursday, just hours after her authority was diminished by a humiliating House of Commons defeat.
The best of the sunshine will be in the east.
The British territory will allow only domestic partnerships after senators approved the Domestic Partnership Act by an 8-3 vote.