The Labour leader Ed Miliband will make a speech at 10:30am about how to reform banking in the UK following the Libor rate-rigging scandal. Here are his main proposals:
- Culture shift from "casino" banking to "stewardship" banking
- Creation of two "challenger" banks to break up dominance of the 'Big Five'
- 'Big Five' to sell off a further 1,000 branches to competitors
- A 'code of conduct' for bankers, as there is with doctors
- A cap to limit bankers' bonuses to the same amount as their annual salary
More top news
The ancient city of Aleppo tears itself apart in a war that is spreading poison with its bloody influence growing by the day.
Police have released CCTV footage of three men using a homemade battering ram during a "terrifying" robbery in the Manchester area.
An abandoned cat and its tiny six-week-old kitten were rescued by pupils on their way to school.