A series of designated 'Games Lanes' have been opened to provide a fast-track route for members of the "Games Family" including athletes, their officials and equipment.
- 30 miles of Games Lanes along parts of the Olympic and Paralymic Route Network
- All are clearly marked with the Olympic rings
- The Lanes operate between certain hours and will be open to all vehicles overnight
- All Lanes become operational on July 25th
- £130 penalty for driving or parking in a Lane incorrectly
- £200 release fee for any vehicle parked in a Lane applicable when a vehicle is removed to a pound.
The UK Border Agency has cut too many staff too quickly, Whitehall's spending watchdog said today.
Athletes from the British Virgin Islands are receiving a warm welcome from a British host family in Hertfordshire.
A bus carrying athletes got lost in London today. A bus driver transporting the media also had to pull over to consult his map.